Monday, October 18, 2010

Excuses

We all make them, but we don't have to all live by them. The sad thing is, most people do live by them. No one likes to admit to their faults, but what they need to realize is that admitting to their faults is the best way to move on. If an excuse needs to be made, then the situation usually constitutes an apology. That's why excuses are so deadly. They are left with no intention of an "i'm sorry" and then there are people that end up hurt, with no sense of respect about them anymore.

It seems like, coming to college, I have been exposed to a huge, new spectrum of excuses. There's always a reason that something didn't get done, and never is this reason just pure neglect. It's sad to watch all of these people that are supposed to be adults pretty much obviously lie to all of our instructors, explaining how their car blew up and then they couldn't find their paper.

And the sad thing is, these excuses don't stop at school. People lie to their friends, girlfriends, roommates, about just about anything. As long as they don't have to deal with the consequences of their actions, then there is no problem, even if they just blatantly lied.

Now I have made my fair share of excuses, for plenty of reasons. But I have recently decided that I am going to do my best to not do it anymore. I can't respect them, and I wouldn't want anyone to think of me in that way. I want to own up to my actions to anyone that needs to know or wants to know. Even if I have something to be ashamed of, I don't want to be a liar.

Sorry for my rant-session, but that's just something that's weighing heavy tonight.

Cheers

Listening To: Revolution-The Urgency

2 comments:

  1. Yes. Excuses are like armpits. We all have them, and unfortunately, they ALL stink!

    I have learned that the more excuses you use, the less credibility you have. I think you goal is a great one!

    ReplyDelete